History and Overview:
2013 will mark the 31st annual Northern Plains Outdoor Exposition. It began by a group of sporting retailers and enthusiasts that wanted to showcase their wares, and the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota as a sporting destination for numerous activities. Today the Outdoor Exposition has grown to encompass the entire Rushmore Plaza Civic Center with displays, demonstrations and retail outlets for upwards of 100 vendors. You will find everything from large displays of campers, boats, ATV’s, motorcycles, vehicles, and hot tubs to retail and information booths including fishing and hunting adventures, campfire cooking, SD Game Fish & Parks and many, many more. Please refer to the vendor list section of the website for a complete list of vendors as they confirm.
Kids and adults will enjoy the Fish Tanks provided by BlueWater Productions and the duck races by the people that bring you the Great American Duck Race. Prizes will be given and daily winners will be selected everyday and all 3 daily winners will get to go to a final race for the championship on Sunday.
Please Contact Jim Glines for more information:
Live Auction Saturday 7:00 pm; registration 6-7
Silent Auction all weekend. Ends Sunday 4 pm.
Unique art & gift area upstairs featuring artists, jewelers, weavers, photographers, authors, accessories, furniture.
Youth Archery Shoot-out
Saturday Feb. 9thBeginner Lines :
Ages 8-10 years old. Shoot at 10 yrds. 5 spot or single spot target. 150 score.Junior Lines :
Ages 11-13 years old. Shoot at 15 yards. 5 spot or single spot target. 150 score.Senior Lines :
Ages 14-18 years old. Shoot at 20 yards. 5 or single spot target. 150 score.
- 9am : Beginners
- 10am : Beginners
- 11 am : Beginners raffle give away and awards.
- 1 pm : Juniors
- 2pm : Juniors
- 3pm : Juniors raffle give aways and awards.
- 4 pm : Seniors
- 5 pm : Seniors
- 6 pm: Seniors raffle give away and awards.
- Sponsored by Black Hills Archery.
- Shooters must contact Black Hills Archery for Registration and shooting times 394-9663.
- All shooters shoot free of charge, but will have to pay $ 4 entry into sport show.
Seminars Saturday Only!
- 9:30 AM - Roger Selner - Mule Deer Expert, Eastman's Mule Deer Tours
- 10:45 AM - South Dakota Game Fish & Parks - SD Walleye Update / 2013 Outlook
- 12:00 NOON - South Dakota Game Fish & Parks - Mountain Lion Prey Selection
- 1:15 PM - Paul Horstad - Yellowstone Yesterday and Today
- 2:30 PM - Gary Colbath - Alaska on Your Own
Friday, February 8, 2013
12:00pm to 7:00pm
Saturday, February 9, 2013
9:00am to 7:00pm
Sunday, Febraury 10, 2013
10:00am to 4:00pm
Booths are to be open during these hours.
There will be a vocal auction on Saturday night. More details coming soon.
Many children's functions upstairs
South Dakota Masonic Lodges - "Chips Program" will be registering children for the Amber Alert Program
Children 6 to 15: $4.00
Children under 6 years old: Free
Weekend Pass: $12.00
Proceeds go to local charities.